What happens if things go wrong?
You should find your dealings with us and the lender we refer your enquiry to to be prompt, efficient and friendly. Our aim is to provide you with a professional and confidential service. If you have a complaint about any aspect of the service you have received, we will be happy to help resolve your concerns.
We recommend that you bring your concerns to our attention as soon as possible – the sooner we know about it the sooner that we can resolve it. We have a formal complaints procedure to ensure that your complaint is handled quickly, fairly and efficiently; a leaflet with details of this process is available on request.
Our Complaint Handling Procedure
- You can lodge your complaint by telephone, letter or email; see our contact us page. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns over the telephone.
If we are able to resolve your complaint within three working days of receipt, we will consider the complaint closed and you will be issued with written confirmation that your complaint has been closed.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint within three working days, perhaps due to the complexity of the issues you have raised, we will follow the process as detailed below.
- We will send you a written acknowledgement promptly, usually within 5 working days.
- The matter(s) raised will then be investigated by a manager in the company.
- We will carry out a full investigation into the matters you have raised.
- Once the investigation is concluded a full written response will be provided to you within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint. It will detail our investigation into the matters you have raised. We will ensure the correspondence is in clear English.
- If we fail to provide a final response within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will write to you again, detailing when we anticipate we will respond. You may be entitled to refer your complaint directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service at this point.
- If you are not fully satisfied with the final response you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
We will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service and answer any questions you might have about referring your complaint to them.
If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you will need to do so within six months of the date of our final response.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If we or the lender are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service: The scheme is entirely free to use.
The Financial Ombudsman Service exists to help resolve certain complaints when our internal complaints procedure has been unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
The Ombudsman is also available to investigate complaints where a formal response has not been made to you within prescribed timescales.
Further information regarding the service is available from us on request. Alternatively, the Financial Ombudsman Service may be contacted directly:
- 0800 023 4 567 - calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines
- 0300 123 9 123 - calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers
Should you wish to refer the complaint to the Ombudsman, this must be done within 6 months of receiving the final response letter.